Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Year Anniversary

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary of Oscar's diagnosis. We had a wonderful day - visiting Wahroonga Park and later going to our friend's, Brooke and Curtis's house, for a play date complete with Tim Tams and mini donuts by the log fire. What more could a person want? Life is good.

In the lead up to the anniversary the boys have been having fun painting 'Thank You' cards which we have posted out today. I hope I have remembered everyone - so, so many people to thank. I have been waking in the middle of the night remembering another incredible kindness and adding names to the list continually. So, if I have left you out, please forgive me. I will no doubt wake one night and wonder how on earth I could have let such kindness slip my mind. We have been so blessed with kindness and I have been so sleep deprived and overwhelmed it is a blur at times. Rest assured, every little thought, text, prayer, food drop-off or other generosity has been greatly appreciated and the two words - thank you - seem so inadequate.

Finally, I wish to thank each of YOU, who have taken the time to read this blog despite the fact that it has been sometimes unpleasant reading, sometimes sad, sometimes whinging, sometimes way too personal, sometimes distant and sometimes strange. Also, of course, hopefully, sometimes encouraging, positive, hopeful and maybe even playful. Either way, it has been a source of outlet for me and has helped me find a voice for a journey that very often defies articulation.

So, thank you for bearing with me and hearing my voice in whatever way I could manage to articulate it.

When we open our hearts and listen to another persons story we are listening to ourselves - for we are all one big united family experiencing this sometimes crazy thing called life.

Thank you, thank you, thank you - we are blessed. x

P.S. We were at hospital today and Oscar's doing well. His bloods are heading in the right direction as they have come down somewhat but need to keep heading that way. All is good. Next Thursday 30th he is booked for his bone marrow biopsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment