Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oscar and Auden Photo Published

In the latest edition of 'The Chemo Chronicle', Auden and Oscar appear in photo's of the Oncology Clinic play room. The photos were taken several months ago and I had forgotten all about them so it was with great excitement that I stumbled across them as I was reading the latest edition.

If you have a copy take a look for yourself on page 16 - under the title, 'What's been happening in the Clinic', the top left hand photo is of both Auden and Oscar and then in the middle of the bottom row is a photo just of Oscar. I scanned the page and tried to attach it here but I can only put jpeg images here, not PDF files - so, alas, I can't share their moment of fame with you.

There were a lot of great articles and some friendly faces throughout this edition and it was great to catch up on how some of our fellow families are doing. I particularly want to shout out to Katherine Machon, who appears on page 15 for the great work she is doing in giving back to the Oncology staff through the Oncology Parent Advisory Council. It was so great to see pictures of you and Aiden (he looks so great with all that hair!!). It made my heart sing to know you are going well. I carried around a ginger bread man for some months hoping to run into you as I know that Aiden always loved them. It was a real privilege to share the journey with you and I really hope we run into each other some time soon. Oscar would also love to see Aiden.

Meanwhile, we are getting into the joy of Christmas and revelling in all of it - even the shopping. Last year Oscar was at the hardest phase of his treatment and we had to head in on boxing day to the Camperdown Ward for chemo injections and so forth - so it is a sublime treat to be in a better place this year and all I can say to all those shoppers getting stressed out is - enjoy every minute of delicious time contemplating the magic of giving to the ones you love and spending time with them over the holiday season.

Take care beautiful people. x



No comments:

Post a Comment