Friday, September 3, 2010

Friday 3rd September Clinic Visit

Oscar's blood levels have crashed as a result of the chemo he had this week. He has absolutely no neutrophils and can get an infection from his own skin so we aren't having any visitors until things improve. He had a blood transfusion yesterday but it will take at least a couple of days for his levels to start rising. Last time his levels got this low we ended up in hospital as he had a lot of ulcers and developed the herpes virus inside his mouth.

He already has two mouth ulcers, including one in the exact same spot that they found the herpes virus last time. His temperature was 37.2 when I checked about an hour ago so if it hits 38 we will be heading to hospital again.

There is absolutely nothing I can do to control whether or not we end up in hospital, there is nothing I can give him to stop the virus returning. It has a tendency to do that and I am giving him an oral dose of anti-virals to try to help but it is no guarantee. All I can do is control how I respond and get myself organised in case a hospital visit is required.

Please send us some positive vibes that he is staying home and playing with his brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment